Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why are we mortgaging our homes to buy fish!

We are an island nation so why is fish so bally expensive! We pay easily over $25 per kilo for disappointing fish! And $40 for snapper! Snapper is under pressure due to popularity overseas and quota system! At least if you pay $41 at the fish market it's fresh as fresh and the men will fillet it for you! But it's just like lamb and beef....all the good stuff goes off-shore where they of course don't get it fresh and we get the leftovers.
The nice fish man says the best fish to get is Alfonsino at $10.99 for a kilo and they fillet it! It is a firm fish and doesn't dry out. And you get it with the skin on so it's crispy! It's so pretty too! Glorious orange!
Or you can get in your tinny and go and catch it yourself but then you have to kill and fillet it and I won't!

And following on this train of thought, did you know McDonalds is pulling out of Iceland because it is not economically viable. Currently a Big Mac is USD7.50 and they need to raise the price at least USD1!

Anyway, enough about food!

Today my fingers flew over the keyboard and 918 words were put down in a twinkling.  Rosie has moved house so I spent time describing what the change has meant to her. Since I was a good little bunny over the weekend I was quite happy to stop at just over 900 words and enjoy myself! I've got Audrey Niffenegger's latest book and I can't wait to dive into it! I loved, loved, loved The Time Traveller's Wife so have high expectations of this one although I don't believe anyone could top TTTW. We shall see. Audrey has such a fabulous way with the written word so I look forward to devouring Her Fearful Symmetry!

Today's beautiful word
Pluvial   pertaining to rain


Today's word count: 918 words
Total word count: 27015 words

No comments:

Post a Comment