Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What did Rosie do to deserve this?

I am over a week ahead of schedule! If I stopped writing right now I could do nothing until next Thursday and still be right on target. But I won't! Today I thought I was back to a happy place in the book. I had leapt ahead to the sad part after having a brilliant idea and paid for my enthusiasm with a tinge of gloom. That resulted in a loss of sleep last night. I kept trying to work out how to make it right.

Alas the happy bit suddenly became very sad.  A character I didn't know even existed appeared.  He didn't push in and make his presence known in a loud way, he was more standing at the edge just waiting. I had just started wondering how long Rosie had been with her awful partner Luc. I thought it must have been a long time because she's 40 but then I realised that she can't have been with him that long because he is truly vile. There had to have been someone before him, someone who had given her faith in relationships.

Then a character started forming. A kind loving man who had known Rosie since she was young.  Someone who had loved her no matter what. Then I realised....she'd been married before. So what happened? I couldn't see Rosie as a divorcee, she and this man were too in love.  No something had to have happened.  Cancer? No I felt the loss was sudden and really unresolved.  Rosie had a whole lot of complicated grief bottled up inside of her.  Then I realised he was the one who had a terrible accident, not vile Luc.  But he didn't end up with terrible neurological damage because Rosie would still have loved him and stayed with him....no, Dave had to die.  I was devastated....in less than 15 minutes I'd discovered Rosie had had the love of her life and then I had killed him. I was crying while she gave permission for his organs to be donated.  Poor Rosie!

Today's beautiful word
Wherewithal The means.


Today's word count: 1904 words
Total word count: 16700 words 

No comments:

Post a Comment