Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Glorious writing conditions in Auckland!

It's a gorgeous day today so another session on the deck with the laptop! I am so lucky! How's this for a location to write in!

I'm finding starting the day with a good physical workout sets me up for a good mental workout writing. My weapon of choice (or necessity really) is deep water running. Half an hour to an  hour of that leaves me ready for a sit down!

Rosie's bottom of the ocean moment 
Today I've been working on a sad part of the story.  The heroine has finally realised that the Tiger is not coming back.  She had believed that they were soulmates. She doesn't understand why he has gone so suddenly and is being torn apart by unanswered questions. He just suddenly changed like a switch had been turned off.  He's like everything she'll never find again...at the bottom of the ocean - what she's missing she'll keep reliving...Such a poet that Miley Cyrus ;-)

It has been quite draining.  I knew what was going to happen but still it is so very sad to listen to the heroine trying to understand what has happened to what she thought was her Cinderella moment.  I almost feel cruel because I know its going to get worse.  My heroine has gained in self confidence and charisma as I've written more about her.  Poor Rosie - she thought her victim days were over! I know she's probably not going to get the answers she seeks but who knows! In fiction anything is possible and anything ugly can be cleaned up easily.

I managed 1323 words today and now feel like I need a very stiff drink! My characters are like my babies! At least some of them are, some are more like flies and cockroaches! But I am particularly fond of Rosie. She's had a hard run and really felt as though she had finally found love. What is really sad is until I did the rewrite she had! There were going to be ups and downs and misunderstandings but eventually everything would have turned out. But alas now who knows where it will all end.

Today's beautiful word
Dulcet Sweet, sugary.


Today's word count: 1323 words
Total word count: 14796 words 

No comments:

Post a Comment