Sunday, October 25, 2009

Every little bit helps!

I spent an hour working out where I was and what needed doing in each section of the book according to the Newnovelist software. It certainly gave some clarity and I feel a lot happier about where things are going.

I'm looking forward to developing the character of the antagonist, Lydia. She hasn't appeared at all yet! She's Nick's friend and is openly antagonistic towards Rosie when she first meets her and makes no apology.  She is very bright and often unconsciously manipulates Nick into doing what she wants. She also has a bad case of unrequited love - nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter like unrequited love (Charles Schulz) - which she doesn't initially recognise and then denies. She is not ultimately a bad person but is more someone who makes an immediate judgement about everyone she meets and will never divert from it even if it is obviously incorrect to others.  She is fiercely loyal to her friends and would fight like a tiger for any of them.  Unfortunately for Rosie, Lydia decides Rosie is a Cougar and Nick needs protecting from her even before she has met her. She sets out to convince all of Nick's friends of this.

After my planning session, I did do a bit more writing but not a huge amount. I have to remind myself that I've done well and every little bit counts! Considering my goal is 850 words a day, 614 extra words on top of today's mammoth effort is not to be sneezed at! Oo Rah!



Today's word count: 614 words
Total word count: 23931 words

No comments:

Post a Comment