Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I have the plague.

I have a cold! I caught it from one of the consultants at work and I feel bleuch! My nose thinks it's a tap, my eyes are grainy and my arms and legs are like lead.  And it's not like I can laze around at the weekend and recover.  I have a 7am flight on Saturday and just a little 21.1k run over the Harbour Bridge on Sunday to contend with.  Early to bed for me tonight.

Being deathly ill makes the fact that I've written 1029 words this evening all the more fantastic! I am being a good little soldier and meeting or exceeding my targets! Since I feel like a zombie and misery loves company, I decided that Rosie could also be sick.  But Ms Rosie has food poisoning and managed to make a spectacle of herself.  She has a fairly sensitive stomach at the best of time and the fish she had for dinner was not lovely fresh stuff from the fish markets it would seem (see, I wasn't off on a tangent yesterday! Admit it! You thought I was!).  So she is now hiding out at home partially because she is still very ill but also because she is very embarrassed.

Once again today the words just flowed.  A blessing considering my brain has been replaced with a plaster model for demonstration purposes only.  I hope tomorrow at work is not too demanding.  I'm not up to answering difficult questions....like 'what's your name?'

Today's beautiful word
Caramel  a medium to dark tan color, firm chewy candy made from caramelized sugar and butter and milk


Today's word count: 1029 words
Total word count: 28044 words

No comments:

Post a Comment