Monday, October 26, 2009

A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

For some unknown reason I was wide awake this morning at 5:30 and for some unknown reason I decided it would be a good time to do the GST and Provisional Tax returns!  Oh how I praise Cashbooks! It has actually made doing GST returns so much easier. It, of course, doesn't make the handing over of hard-earned money any easier. Still at least I didn't need to tear out any hair and everything came together fairly seemlessly. So tomorrow the IRD will receive an exorbitant amount of money into their coffers that could be better spent feeding and clothing all of us!

After such an enjoyable time I was ready to enter Rosie's world again.  In between dancing to the radio, washing the floors, making pikelets and a fruitcake, I wrote! See, even at my best I have an inbuilt talent for procrastination! Still I now have pikelets in the freezer, a cake on the bench, clean floors, lots less money and a sunny disposition AND 2166 more words in the manuscript! I rock! Oo rah!

So there is something for being a friendless refugee in Wellington on Labour Weekend! I didn't even go and stare at the McCahon panels at Te Papa and I Love them more than the bucket fountain. I enjoyed the sunshine only by opening my balcony doors all the way up.  I haven't left my apartment for two days!  I am even looking forward to going to work tomorrow!

It's only 4:22! That's what happens when you get up at stupid o'clock. The day drags on forever!  Too early even to make macaroni cheese! All that is left is to get on my bike and pedal my little heart out.  The only problem with that plan is.....my bum hurts! Who designed bike seats! I want a nice sofa-like nana seat not one that is made of concrete and covered with a microscopic layer of cushioning!  Maybe I'll just put on Miley Cyrus and do a hoedown throw down! Or maybe Cupid's happy dance might be better.

Today's beautiful word
Soliloquy   speech you make to yourself


Today's word count: 2166 words
Total word count: 26097 words

No comments:

Post a Comment